Welcome to the official guide for Ember Engines! This guide is intended to get you up and running with Engines as implemented in the
ember-engines addon and give you background on various concepts and ideas related to Engines. It is intended to be read from start to finish, but has been broken down in case you want to come back and re-read a specific topic.
Do note that since Engines have not had a 1.0.0 release and some features are still in the Ember RFC process, the APIs and examples given in this guide are subject to change.
What This Guide Covers
- An overview of what Engines are
- Core concepts needed to understand Engines
- How to create an Engine from scratch
- Basics of working with Engines (e.g., mounting and sharing dependencies)
- How to enable lazy loading of Engines
What This Guide Does Not Cover
- The roadmap for Engine features and development
- Converting existing applications / codebase to use Engines
- Ember Engines on GitHub
- Engines RFC
- Engine Linking RFC
- Ember Asset Loader on GitHub
- Asset Manifest RFC
- Asset Loader Service RFC
Note: this guide is accurate as of the 0.5.0 release of ember-engines.